POST LAB QUESTIONS
1. Which water cycle processes are represented in this model and by what components?
2. Which processes are not represented? How could the model be altered to include these processes?
3. How would the “weather” be affected if the water was at a decreased temperature? What about at an increased temperature?
Experiment 1: Water Movement
1. Develop a hypothesis predicting the effect of sunlight on evaporation?
2. Based on the results of your experiment, would you reject or accept the hypothesis that you produced in question 1? Explain how you determined this.
3. What parts of the water cycle are represented in this experiment?
4. How would increasing the proportion of land (sand) to water affect the amount of water vapor released?
5. How would drought conditions impact infiltration and evaporation from the ground?
Any sources utilized should be listed here.
Week 5 – Laboratory
Weather and Climate Change Carefully review the Grading Rubric before beginning the assignment. Read ” Lab 5: Weather and Climate Change .” This lab will allow you to explore the water cycle through the creation of an ecosystem model. Additionally, you will observe how water moves throughout the environment and is affected by weather patterns. Then, you will utilize this information and your eScience lab kit to complete Demonstration 1and Experiment 1 on the Week Five Lab Reporting Form . Make sure to complete all of the following items before submission:
a. Read through the introductory material.
b. Perform Demonstration 1: Modeling the Water Cycle using your eScience lab manual and kit.
c. Answer Post Lab Questions 1 through 3 in complete sentences on the Week Five Lab Reporting Form.
d. Complete Experiment 1: Water Movement using your eScience lab manual and kit.
e. Answer Post Lab Questions 1 through 5 in complete sentences on the Week Five Lab Reporting Form.
Submit the Week Five Lab Reporting Form via Waypoint. The document does not need to include a title page or other APA formatting; however, if you utilize any outside sources in your answers you must reference these sources in proper APA format