The Education Pendulum
The educational pendulum exists, and it has governed the field for decades. It creates the moving target that is nearly impossible to hit with our current practices. How do we as educators grasp this idea in order to offset it? The pendulum influences the morale of staff and students alike, so learners must find ways to manage the pendulum until the paradigm changes.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Write a paper of 1,500–1,750 words that addresses shifts in educational paradigm (the pendulum effect). In your paper, include the following:
- A research-supported discussion of educational paradigms, specifically identifying the current educational paradigm.
- A research-supported discussion of how the educational pendulum (shift in paradigms) influences education, including the role of the educational leader, teacher, and student.
- A research-supported discussion of the importance of educational paradigms, including shifting paradigms.
Order a Unique Copy of this Paper