1. Leaders have two important characteristics: first, they are going somewhere; second, they are able to persuade other people to go with them.
2. A leader is a person who exerts special influence over a number of people. ‘(Bogardus, Leaders and Leadership, p. 3.)
3. A leader is the person in charge of a group of human beings for the accomplishment of a mutually agreed purpose. (Hendrix, Management for the Christian Worker, p. 3.)
4. A leader is one who knows the road, who can keep ahead, and who can pull others after him. (Wolff, Man at the Top, p. 6.)
5. Becoming a leader is synonymous with becoming yourself (or the person God created you to be). It is precisely that simple, and it is also that difficult. -Warren Bennis
6. A Christian leader is someone who is called by God to lead; leads with and through Christ like character; and demonstrates the functional competencies that permit effective leadership to take place. – George Barna
7. A leader’s role is to raise people’s aspirations for what they can become and to release their energies so they will try to get there.- David Gergen
8. “Leaders must know where they are going, why they are going there, and how to get there.” Elmer Towns.
9. “A spiritual leader is someone who moves people onto God’s agenda.” Henry Blackaby
10. A leader is a quality person who knows where he is going and how to take others with him and beyond him.- Dave Earley.
11. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant. —Max DePree
12. The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and the will to carry on. – Walter Lippman 1889-1974 in New York Herald Tribune 14 April 1945
13. “A leader is a person with a God-given capacity and a God-given responsibility who is influencing a group of God’s people toward God’s purposes for the group.” Robert Clinton.
14. A spiritual leader is one who has a contagious relationship with God and who stewards their God-given influence to motivate and equip individuals to realize peak life effectiveness. Chip Stallings.
15. A spiritual leader follows Jesus and serves people by helping them take the next step in obeying and following King Jesus. – R. Dempsey
16. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.- John Quincy Adams