Peer-reviewed Journal Article on Environmental Science
Science Labs Answer Questions Based On Article
This worksheet will help you to summarize the most important information from a peer-reviewed journal article. The article will be provided to you by your instructor. You should summarize the information and put it into your own words – do not use quotations or copy text directly from the article. It is recommend that you complete the worksheet in the order it is written: bibliography, abstract, introduction, discussion, methods and results.
Worksheet is modified from https://resources.jjay.cuny.edu/erc/tutoring/worksheets.php
- ● Title of Article:
- ● Author(s):
- ● Journal Title:
- ● Journal Volume, Issue, and Date:
- ● Objective: this study was conducted in order to:
- ● Methods: the data for this study was collected and analyzed in this way:
- ● Results: the study found that:
- ● Discussion: what is important about the study and the results?
- ● Why is this study needed? What new information does it provide?
- ● What are the findings of previous studies? o 1)
o 2) o 3)
- ● What is the goal of this study?
- ● What do the results mean?
- ● Do the results answer the question(s) that the research intended to answer?
- ● What recommendations are made for further research in this area?
Methods and Results
- ● Summarize the methods. How was the study conducted?
- ● Summarize the results. What were the primary findings?
Order a Unique Copy of this Paper