This document includes the fifth research assignment worth 20 points. Follow the directions below for the assignment and submit to the BlackBoard drop box by the due date
For this project you will be researching a “NGO” (non-governmental organization) or interchangeably called a “NPO” (non-profit organization). NGO/NPO’s are often referred to as “grassroots” organizations as well and exist to support or advance a certain cause.
The Red Cross, for instance, is a very large NGO/NPO having much political influence and helping millions of people during times of crisis. Others are much smaller and work peacefully while others may be quite radical in their actions. If you further wish to know what constitutes a NGO/NPO consult with either of these two links: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/non-profitorganization.asp or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonprofit_organization. The NGO/NPO you choose must relate to the goals and objectives of this course as part of working towards an environmentally sustainable society and/or environmental conservation or protection.
1) Find an NGO/NPO to research. Remember, it must be related to the goals and objectives of EVR 1001.
2) Describe the purpose/goals/mission of the NGO/NPO explaining why the NGO/NPO was founded. (4 pts)
3) Who (individual or group) founded the NGO/NPO and when? (2 pts)
4) How many members represent the NGO/NPO? (2 pts)
5) How is the NGO/NPO funded? (2 pts)
6) Explain how members go about accomplishing their purpose/goals/mission, that is, how do they conduct their activism? Do they conduct outreach education, demonstrations, physical labor, etc.? (4 pts)
7) Describe specific examples or instances of the groups’ activism to accomplish their goals.
You may have to do a little searching for this one; look for news stories, articles, web sites,
etc. that may describe specific examples, instances, dates. (4 pts)
8) Would you consider joining this organization? Explain why or why not? (2 pts)
Type this information up in a question/answer format as above and submit to the Blackboard drop box
Complete your own work. For people that may incidentally choose the same NGO/NPO, I will carefully be scrutinizing those using similarity indexes such as the SafeAssign software and/or manual comparison. Finally, as always, be aware of plagiarism and cite any sources that you may quote or closely paraphrase.