THE CONTENT MUST BE ALL ORIGINAL, & APA STYLE.
Write a response in 2–3 paragraphs, using APA standards to citation of sources, and do the following :
· Discuss scientific and technical concepts related to materials science. Use the manufacturing of one of the following materials as the basis for your response:
· Discuss how materials science has advanced to the stage where materials can be engineered to fit a specific purpose.
· Provide an example of an application or object that is made of materials specifically engineered for that purpose.
Support your statements with examples. Provide a minimum of three scholarly references.
F.Y.I. – Materials science is an interdisciplinary field where science and technology are used to develop and apply our understanding of matter at the atomic level to improve existing or to make new materials. It is a fusion of the basic scientific fields of physics and chemistry where knowledge of atomic theory, molecular bonding, and the macroscopic properties of metals, ceramics, and plastics come together to solve manufacturing and engineering problems.
The below sites were recommended sites that are and will be considered Reliable for this paper (However, at least one source MUST be from a Peer-Reviewed Article and/or recognized Journal:
– Scientific American website (http://www.scientificamerican.com/) will have a number of good articles linked. But, sometimes charge a fee, unless you dig further.
– The Science Daily website (http://www.sciencedaily.com/) is a great place to go for reliable information.
– Discover magazine (http://discovermagazine.com/).
· Popular Science (http://www.popsci.com/) and Popular Mechanics (http://www.popularmechanics.com/)can also be very good sources.
· Various “dot gov” sites are considered reliable (some more so than others).
· NIH or the CDC are great places to go for information regarding medical issues.
· For peer reviewed and pre-print material, you may find that Google Scholar (http://scholar.google.com/) may be useful.
In addition, the NY Times will be mostly acceptable.