View the “Lemurs in Madagascar – Surviving on an Island of Change” video.
Using the information found in this video, and in Ch. 5 and 6 of Visualizing Environmental Science, answer the following questions in 25 to 100 words each.
1. What are Madagascar’s biomes? Discuss the major features of at least one of these biomes. Use the textbook for biome examples.
2. What changes happening in Madagascar are posing challenges for lemurs? Give details about the sources, time scale, and types of change.
3. Which types of lemurs are adapting to the changes? Which types of lemurs are not adapting well? Why?
4. What behavioral and physical traits are being favored in lemurs in the changing Madagascar environment?
5. Why might lemurs not evolve to adapt to the changes in Madagascar?
6. Which biogeochemical cycles may be altered by anthropogenic activities on Madagascar, and how?
“Lemurs in Madagascar: Surviving on an Island of Change.” Films Media Group, 2006. Films On Demand.