CRJ499: Undergraduate Capstone in Criminal Justice
Week 3 Discussion
Part 1: Read the case file from Brandl’s Criminal Investigations, “He Hit Her Until She Fell . . . and That Was Just the Beginning” starting on page 363 of your text and address the following:
· If you were the criminal investigator assigned to investigate this case, what interview questions would you have asked the witnesses and why?
Be sure to respond to at least one of your classmates’ posts.
Part 2: Student Response (Respond to Student Post)
RE: Week 3 Discussion
Hello Class and Professor,
If I were the investigator for this case, I would retract Jennifer’s steps including the last places and people she encountered. Here I listed questioned I would ask each individual
1. Patrick Hubbert: How did you know Jackie Lawer? Were you two romantically involved? Why didn’t you wait for her to get into her apartment? Do you know anyone who would want to hurt her?
1. Partygoers: Did Jackie argue with anyone at the party? Do you know if she had a boyfriend? When did she leave the party?
1. Neighbors in her apartment building: Did you hear anything on the night in question? Did you notice the blood on the steps? Does the victim have any problems with anyone in this apartment building?
1. Dr. Mainland: What killed the victim? Did she fight her attacker? Was the victim sexually assaulted? Did you find any DNA on the victim?
1. Tyrone Harris (barber): Why did Jennifer confide in you? Are you romantically involved? Where were you on January 26-27?
1. Jennifer Mohommed: Why did you tell Tyrone Harris what happened? Why didn’t you call the police? What did Kimani tell you about that night? Why did he commit the murder? Where are the clothes and shoes he had on that night?
1. Store owner: Did you see the victim on the night in question? Was anyone following her? Do you have the video of the night of January 26-27?
1. Kimani Ward (suspect): Do you understand your Miranda rights? When and where did this happen? Why did you attack the victim? Did you know the victim? What led up to the murder? Where is the weapon you used? What did you do with her clothes and shoes? Did you rob the victim? Why did you rape the victim?
Bottom of Form
Bottom of Form