Setting Goals and Objectives
- Select and describe a target population that you can see yourself working with in the future. What should be included in the service definition in order to make it specific for a target population? Write a draft of the service definition.
- What are service tasks? Describe the significance of service tasks.
- Current service tasks include screening and assessment, developing a treatment plan, teaching problem-solving skills, and helping individuals and families develop coping skills. How would you adapt these service tasks to the characteristics of Asian American families?
- In Chapter 8 of your text, you reviewed the process for assessing a client’s problems. What kinds of world view questions, values questions, and racial identity questions might be explored that would be different from the questions asked for non-African American clients?
- How might one or two of these questions be scaled for pretest and posttest purposes?
- If the ultimate outcome is for clients to become free of dependency or free enough of dependency to hold a job and fulfill family responsibilities, what might be some intermediate outcome expectations? Be sure to reference what you reviewed in Chapter 9 of your text.