History Graphic Design
This assignment will define, describe and illustrate the “art movement” or influence of the time period indicated. The goal for this paper is for you to understand the characteristics from the movement or time period chosen and to find a modern example of it. You must submit either a word or pdf of the document ONLY (not rtfs or pages documents)—DO NOT copy and paste your submission into the “write submission” area.
Movements Assignment 1: Design Movements • Due 6/7/20 • (Choose 3)
Graphic Design of the Italian Renaissance
The Epoch of Typographic Originality
Arts & Crafts
Each movement submission should focus on the individual movements and how they treated or affected graphic design (You may mention other areas affected by the movement – product design, architecture – but the main focus should be graphic design.) You must include the following:
- The Movement name with a brief introduction to the movement and/or or time period
- Some historical context. Discuss how this movement related to the time period in which it was found and how it evolved from other movements or time periods.
- A description of the movement’s main design characteristics. This should define the specific characteristics of the movement. This must be in your own words. Again, with the focus on graphic design.
- A current/modern example of graphic design (NO PHOTOS or ILLUSTRATIONS. IT MUST HAVE TYPE IN IT) that appears to be influenced by the movement. DO NOT choose a sample of the movement from the original time period. You must embed the image in the document and include an explanation of why the image fits in the category or movement. It is not acceptable to say, I chose this example because it looked like but rather you should list the ways in which the example uses the techniques and characteristics of the movement. If an image falls short of one or two of the characteristics that is okay but point that out so that you show me that you know the characteristics.
- Conclusion: A wrap up of the movement, a segue into the next movement or some of your own thoughts about each movement
Order a Unique Copy of this Paper