Week 7: Healthcare Policy
Nies, M. A., & McEwen, M. (2019). Community/Public health nursing: Promoting the health of populations (7th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Saunders/Elsevier.
- Chapter 10: Policy, Politics, Legislation, and Community Health Nursing, pp. 172–174, 177–189
- Chapter 13: Cultural Diversity and Community Health Nursing, pp. 225–228, 231-248
This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO4: Evaluate the delivery of care for individuals, families, aggregates, and communities based on theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines. (PO1)
- CO7: Apply professional nursing standards and ethical principles to provide spiritually and culturally appropriate care. (PO6)
- CO8: Demonstrate effective communication strategies and teamwork in managing the healthcare of individuals, families, aggregates, and communities. (PO3)
Locate a news article or story related to a current event in healthcare policy. Some examples may be, but are not limited to healthcare reform, the Affordable Care Act, prescription drugs, healthcare costs, insurance coverage, healthcare fraud, transparency, or underinsured populations.
- Provide a brief overview of the article, and include the URL link.
- As a healthcare professional, has this raised any ethical questions or concerns for you?
- How can a community health nurse (CHN) be involved as a change agent for related healthcare policies?
Please use textbook as well as 1-2 scholary articles for research and citations.
Use proper APA format for citations and references
Order a Unique Copy of this Paper