This week, we have read about several payment models in health care. An additional model that is gaining popularity is Direct Primary Care (DPC). Read this brief statement from the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) to familiarize yourself with the model: https://www.aafp.org/practice-management/payment/dpc.html (Links to an external site.)
Conduct additional research on Direct Primary Care. Create a PowerPoint presentation and voiceover to address the following:
- You are presenting to your local chapter of the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA). Assume the role of a practice manager, and consider your audience to be other practice managers.
- Provide a concise analysis of the benefits and risks of an established practice switching to the DPC model. Your analysis should be focused on the financial aspect but may include references to other aspects of a practice to support a balanced viewpoint.
- Research practices that have made the switch from Fee-for-service to DPC. Highlight key points for managers to be aware of if their practice is making the switch to DPC.
- Your presentation should be a minimum of eight slides, and a voiceover of your presentation is required.
- Include at least three references in your presentation. References should also be listed, in APA format, on a closing slide.