General Business Information
· Business Name
· Primary Business Location (e.g., Headquarters Location)
· Business Purpose (e.g., Business Function / Mission Statement)
· Size / Market Reach (e.g., Small, Medium, Large / Local, National, Global)
· Principal Customers for Medical Devices
· Major Competitors for Medical Devices
Supply Chain Management (SCM) encompasses managing and integrating essential business processes across an organization. Efficient and effective SCM affords companies an advantage over its their competitors. While most organizations adhere to industry standards and best practices in SCM (e.g., ISO 9000), they may also incorporate unique aspects that differentiate them from the competition. These unique aspects are typically aligned with the company’s culture, mission, and philosophy on social responsibility and accountability.
Evaluate Johnson & Johnson’s (J&J) SCM philosophy (2-3 pages)
· Describe J&J’s philosophy on SCM
· Explain how J&J’s philosophy on SCM supports its mission statement
· Explain how J&J’s three key focus areas (People, Places, and Practices) apply to its relationships with supply chain partners.
Supply Chain Management (SCM) encompasses the end-to-end business processes necessary for a company to produce goods and services for delivery to the end consumer. Integration between the processes and collaboration among the entities involved in the processes are critical. In 2001, the Global Supply Chain Forum recommended a common definition of SCM and identified eight key business processes that they proposed should be implemented and integrated.
Supply Chain Management Process (1 page)
· Briefly describe each of the eight key business processes identified in the article “The Supply Chain Management Processes,” including the purpose of each process in managing the supply chain.
Evaluate J&J’s approach to Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) (2-3 pages)
· What is J&J’s philosophy on SRM?
· What are the requirements for becoming a supplier partner with J&J?
· What role do suppliers play in achieving the mission of J&J?
· How effective are J&J’s SRM practices?