Read the assigned readings in Topic 3 (textbook Chapter 4, Lecture 3, “The Mystery of Original Sin” article, and Bible passages) and address the following questions with a total word count (including the questions and your answers) of 500-750 words.
Cite all of the resources used with in-text citations, using at least two sources from the Topic 3 readings. Include these in the reference list at the end of the assignment.
Write your paragraph response directly below each question:
1. What is revealed about human nature (from Gen 1-2)?
2. What are the consequences of the Fall for human nature (from Gen 3)?
3. What is revealed about human purpose from the readings? What does it mean for humans to flourish, in other words to achieve spiritual, emotional, and mental well-being?
4. How might these questions about human nature, purpose, and flourishing, be answered by those holding a Pantheistic or Atheistic (choose one) worldview?
PART TWO: THE FALL – NOW
Consider how the Fall and humanity’s exposure to good and evil are seen in the way some people treat themselves and others in dehumanizing ways today (examples: abuse, addiction, bullying, domestic violence, eating disorders, human trafficking, pornography, poverty, racism, vandalism, etc.).
Choose one act of dehumanization and write a short TV public service announcement in 350-500 words. Use at least two different sources from the GCU eLibrary cited in the text and listed below in the list of references. Include the following:
· Highlight how the act of dehumanization is evident in the world today.
· Provide solid ideas for prevention.
· Include statistics, causes, and impact on people (victim, perpetrator, others as appropriate).
· Discuss how a God-centered worldview (as discussed in the “The Mystery of Original Sin” article) might provide a solution.
· Include notes within the script about the images and video that would be included when shooting the commercial.