Assignment 2 is an individual 2000 words (+/- 10%) critical, structured case study
Scope and contents
For the case study you can choice between European, Asian and African tourist markets. The scope of the case-study is to identify the
trends in tourism for next 10 years based on current regional geopolitics and geo-economics
This Assignment 1 is aligned to Learning Outcome1 2, 3 and 4
· Compose an international and regional picture of geopolitics and geo-economics and their influence on tourism
· Judge the geopolitics and geo-economics of tourism and their impacts on sustainable development
· Examine cases in tourism and identify the influence of geopolitics and geo-economics
· Predict trends in tourism based on current regional and global geopolitics and geo-economics
SECTION 1. An introductory explanation regarding the region of choice ( geography, resources, geopolitical issues)
SECTION 2. An overview of the tourist industry in the region of your choice the last 20 years (travel motivations, main destination branding, tourism products ) (35%)
SECTION 3. Prediction of tourism products development in the region of your choice based on current regional geopolitics and geo-economics (35%)
· References must be to the Harvard Referencing System. (10%)
· Appropriate presentation/quality of the report (10%)
· Wordcount: 2000 words (+/- 10%)
· Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
· Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
· Text alignment: Justified.
· The in-text References and the Bibliography have to be in Harvard’s citation style.
· Submission– Week 10 – Monday 6/12/21 23:59 CEST Via Moodle (Turnitin).
· Weight: This task is a 60% of your total grade for this subject.
|Exceptional 90-100||Good 80-89||Fair 70-79||Marginal fail 60-69|
|Knowledge & Understanding (30%)||Student demonstrates excellent understanding of geographic, political and economic background to tourism and uses vocabulary in an entirely appropriate manner.
|Student demonstrates good understanding of geographic, political and economic background to tourism and mentions some relevant concepts and demonstrates use of the relevant vocabulary with minor errors||Student understands the geographic, political and economic background to tourism and provides minimum theory and/or some use of vocabulary.||Student understands the geographic, political and economic background to tourism to answer the question but does not mention key concepts or uses minimum amount of relevant vocabulary.|
|Application (30%)||Student applies fully relevant knowledge to the analysis of the case-study of his/her choice.||Student applies relevant knowledge to the analysis of the case-study of his/her choice.||Student applies some relevant knowledge to the analysis of the case-study of his/her choice.. Misunderstanding may be evident.||Student applies little relevant knowledge to the analysis of the case-study of his/her choice. Misunderstands are evident.|
|Critical Thinking (20%)||Student critically assesses in excellent ways, drawing outstanding conclusions about tourism development strategies.||Student critically assesses in good ways, drawing conclusions about tourism development strategies from relevant authors and references.||Student provides some insights about tourism development strategies. but stays on the surface of the topic.||Student makes little or none critical thinking insights about tourism development strategies, does not quote appropriate authors, and does not provide valid sources.|
|Communication (20%)||Student communicates their ideas extremely clearly and concisely, respecting word count, grammar and spellcheck||Student communicates their ideas clearly and concisely, respecting word count, grammar and spellcheck||Student communicates their ideas with some clarity and concision. It may be slightly over or under the wordcount limit. Some misspelling errors may be evident.||Student communicates their ideas in a somewhat unclear and unconcise way. Does not reach or does exceed wordcount excessively and misspelling errors are evident.|