1. Assignment 1: Questions
1) Analyzing the ethical frameworks needed in decision making, which ones best align to the eight ethical principles of the Global Business Standards of Codex. (Min: 200 Words)
2) What are the deontological and teleological frameworks of business ethics? Give examples of them in today’s business environment. (Min: 200 Words)
3) Why were the three simple ethical test established in business ethics? Give examples of them. (Min: 200 Words)
4) Why is it important to study ethics in business, and what is the foundation and history of business ethics and theory? (Min: 200 Words)
2. Assignment 2: Article Review 1 (Min 500 words)
For this assignment, choose an article from SAGE Journal Articles on www.sagepub.com/stanwick. The purpose of this assignment is for you to practice reviewing articles that contribute to the industry. The authors of
these articles are researchers and professionals that have shared or experimented with ideas that demonstrate potential
to improve the industry. As a professional in the industry, it is in your best interest to review the literature and trends. This
provides you with the opportunity to read about what was successful and how they accomplished it. Plus, it allows you to
analyze what was unsuccessful, how you can improve it, or at least avoid repeating the mistakes of others. These skills
are vital when contributing to research papers and other scholarly writing. If you have not already, hopefully you’ll
contribute to the industry by publishing an article and sharing with your community of peers.
As you read the articles, consider the following questions:
Who were the stakeholders in the article?
What was the firm’s corporate reputation?
How could the topic of this article apply to your personal or professional life?
How could it apply to an organization you have observed?
What conclusions can you draw about the ethical issues facing business leaders?
Your first paragraph should briefly introduce and summarize the article while identifying the author’s main points. Your
Article Review should be double spaced, 12pt New Times Roman font, with references and
direct quotes in APA format. Title page, abstract, and running head are not required.
3. Assignment 3: Article Review 2 (Minimum 500 words)
Read Case Study, “Bernie Madoff: How “One Big Lie” Can Destroy Thousands of Lives.” Summarize
the overall viewpoint of the author, and discuss the major issues presented in the case. Answer the four “Questions for Thought” below:
1) Trust is extremely important in business transactions. Greed also plays a role in some business transactions.Discuss how these two concepts were interwined in this case.
2) Describe a Ponzi Scheme. Find Several examples of other ponzi schemes that have occurred in recent years.
3) In this case, it appears that Madoff has many friends and family members who were involved in the fraud. Speculate about how likely it is that Madoff’s own sons, who were employees of the firm , know nothing of the fraud as they stated.
4) Explain the ethical issues associated with running a family-owned business. Are these issues present at Madoff’s firm?
Your summary of the author’s viewpoint and your discussion of the major issues presented in the case must be in
paragraph form. However, your responses to the four “Questions for Thought” can be answered either in paragraph form
or as a numbered list. Ensure to include your summary of the author’s viewpoint, your discussion of the ethical issues
facing Bernie Madoff, and your responses to the questions.
Title page, abstract, and running head are not required; however, if you paraphrase or quote words or ideas from any
resources, you must cite your sources following the APA style citation guidelines.