Javier is a BCBA who works at a large agency with multiple departments that provide various behavior-based services to individuals with intellectual disabilities including: ABA-based treatments, parent support groups, family therapy, and respite services. Javier received an audit from the funding source for one of the individuals on his caseload. In reviewing his documentation and the billing information submitted; Javier noticed consistent weekly occurrences where his company billed for ABA-based services that were not provided to the individual. In researching the discrepancy, Javier found that the company did provide respite services (which are not part of the family’s authorized funding) and those respite services were billed as ABA-based treatment. Javier knows how much the family has benefited from the support and relief the respite services have provided.
1. Type your response in a Microsoft Word document. You will submit this document in the Module 7 Billing Scenario Assignment Folder in eLearning. Include the following information: • Your Name • What ethical codes should Javier consider when determining the best course
of action to take in this scenario? List all applicable ethics codes • Provide the rationale for the chosen code(s) and if you believe a violation has
• Identify factors that may have led to the current scenario and strategies that
could have prevented the scenario from occurring.
• Given the scenario, describe an ethical course of action moving forward
(include potential risk factors and areas that may require continued monitoring).
• If you were Javier’s supervisor, and he brought this to you, how would you respond and make changes to prevent this occurring within the organization moving forward?
1. You may choose if you would like the paper to be single or double spaced. If double spaced, the paper must be at least 1 page. If single spaced, the paper must be at least a half page.