1. Define aerospace industry, and describe the role of both the AIA and the GAMA. The industry is a vital factor in four particular areas of the U.S. economy. What are they?
2. How has the aerospace industry changed since the 1950s? What are the unique characteristics of the aerospace industry?
3. Describe the aerospace industry in terms of its major products and its sales during the 1990s and early 2000s. What are related aerospace products and services?
4. What are some of the causes and effects of the significant downsizing in the two major segments of the government market? Describe the outlook for the civil aviation market in the early to mid-2000s.
5. List and briefly describe the major factors affecting commercial transport sales. How does the cyclical nature of civil aviation affect aircraft manufacturing?
6. What are some of the factors that led to the decline in general aviation aircraft sales? Why have the corporate and commuter segments of the general aviation industry done so much better than the personal-use segment? What is the outlook for helicopter sales?
7. Define air carrier, interstate air transportation, and air commerce. Both air carriers and general aviation fly “for compensation or hire.” What distinguishes the two?