Assuming the tails of distributions are normal distribution, is there evidence that the treatment is effective?
A Researcher Conducts A Test On The Effectiveness Of A Cholesterol Treatment On 114 Total Subjects. Assuming The Tails Of Distributions Are Normal Distribution, Is There Evidence That The Treatment Is Effective? Cholesterol Decreased No Cholesterol
|Cholesterol Decreased||No Cholesterol Decrease||Total|
1. Briefly describe the procedure for testing hypotheses.
2. Formulate the null and alternative hypotheses.
3. Determine the test statistic that you will use.
4. Calculate the p-value. Show your work.
5. Discuss whether there is enough evidence to reject the null hypothesis.