Self-assessment is a critical step in leadership development. Whether you are trying to grow your own leadership capacity or develop leadership skills in others, it is critical that you take the time to reflect on where you are in the journey and where you would like to be.
Answer the three questions below…
Evaluate yourself on the following three qualities that we find in an ant’s work ethic.
INTEGRITY: THE ANT DOESN’T NEED SUPERVISION. IT WORKS BECAUSE IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.
1. Have you ever been in a program that seemed stagnant? What kept it from making progress?
INITIATIVE: THE ANT STARTS TO GATHER FOOD WITHOUT BEING PUSHED. IT DOESN’T NEED SOMEONE TO SHOW IT THE WAY.
2. In your activities, do you ever feel alone in doing all the work? How do you typically respond?
INDUSTRY: THE ANT HAS A SPIRIT OF INDUSTRY. IT WORKS AND WORKS UNTIL THE JOB IS DONE.
3. How do you stay inspired when you don’t see results and you don’t feel any gratification?
Your assignment must be completed based on the following criteria:
· Minimum of 2 full pages
· Current APA format
· Since this is a reflection paper, no references are required. However, you are expected to properly cite information using current APA format where appropriate.
· Discussion about the holistic role of the athlete form a biblical worldview
· Clear biblical integration – do more than just include a Bible verse
· Include a title on the top line of the first page, followed by your name. No other identifying information is needed.
· You must include the reference information for any sources in current APA format on a separate page.