Read chapters 3 & 4 book provided there are 3 assignments here must have proper grammar & clearly written. No plagiarism professor will be placing in Turnitin
Module 2 Discussion
Discussion: What are some of the ways Policy Evaluation can be useful and what are some of the limitations of Policy Evaluation?
PLACE ALL ANSWERS IN THIS ASSIGNMENT ON ONE WORD DOCUMENT ONLY, IDENTIFYING EACH ACCORDINGLY.
Place the essay questions along with your answers in the submission box as a Word Doc
1. After reading Chapter Three prepare a short 100 word essay that addresses the following:
Elaborate in your own words on the following: “the activities of proximate policymakers-the president, Congress, executive agencies, and so forth- attract the attention o most commentators and political scientists. But nongovernmental leaders, in business and finance, foundations, policy-planning organizations, the mass media, and other interest groups, may have already set the policy agenda and selected major policy goals. The activities of the proximate makers tend to center around the means, rather than the ends, of public policy.”
2. After reading Chapter Four prepare a short 100 word essay that addresses the following:
Explain the functions of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and the General Accountability Office (GAO) in the undertaking of evaluations of federal programs.
Research Assignment: Using this library https://www.fsw.edu/library locate interprets the influence of public opinion in the development and implementation of public policy. For this article prepare a summary and evaluation paper as follows:
· Page One Article Title: List the article publication information using APA style for reference list citations, “e.g. Smith, N (2005). Information technology in the public sector. Technology and Public Administration Journal, 12(3), 125-136.”
· Page Two Summary (must be at least 150 words): Summarize the article’s main theme and summarize its conclusion(s).
· Page Three Evaluation (must be at least 150 words): Critique the article giving your opinion and citing other scholarly articles in support of your critique.
The research assignment is designed to introduce the student to peer reviewed academic research. Here the student searches databases, journals, articles that contribute to the field of knowledge based on the subject matter presented in this module, generally found in the reading assignment. The elements of public administration and public safety administration are constantly changing. It is important the student research sources within the last 5 years unless the source has not been updated by more current research and is still appropriate to the module’s subject matter.
Students are graded at three levels. 1. Locating a proper peer reviewed article. 2. Paraphrasing the article’s main theme and its conclusion(s). 3. The ability to discuss one’s thoughts through critical thinking critiquing the article and using other scholarly sources to support such the critique.