Dimensions and Depth Questions
- Be sure to use complete sentences and standard English spelling and grammar in your submissions.
- Be sure to refer to required readings and/or supplementary material in your submission and include citations when appropriate.
- Type your response directly into the text box.
- Do not write your assignment in the Comments section!
- You may use attachments only for images.
NOTE: After you have completed the chapter reading for this module and reviewed the Learning Module links, complete the following assignment:
PART 1 – Dimensions and Depth:
- You will often find vertical lines in the sides of doors, windows, columns, tree trunks, and the sides of a building.
- Horizontal lines are often found at the foundation of the building, above and below doors and windows, and in the horizon.
- Any straight line that is not vertical or horizontal will be diagonal.
- Curved lines appear in circular and rounded areas.
- Organic lines appear in natural objects, such as the landscape, people, animals, and treetops.
- Take a photo, or find an image of, a building.
- Print this image on a piece of paper and, using colored markers or highlighters, pick out and label the vertical, horizontal, diagonal, curved, and organic lines.
- After you have defined the lines, using colored markers or highlighters and where they are in the picture, look at which kind of line is most common.
- Write your name and class reference number on the image.
- Take a picture of the image and attach it to your submission.
- Write a response to this question.
- Why do you think the architect used that particular line orientation so often?
Part 2 – Color Meaning:
Research ONE of the colors listed and answer the following questions. (Gray or Navy or Pink, or Yellow)
- Research information on word associations, emotions, ideas, and symbols that are related to the colors. What does this color mean (represent)?
- Find a company logo associated with the color. Include a link to the logo image.
- How does the color represent or reinforce the company’s values/mission?
- Think of another color that would be a great fit for the company and the service or product that they provide. Explain your color choice.
Part 3 – Reflection:
- How did this assignment help to reinforce concepts in this learning module?
Order a Unique Copy of this Paper